Engineering Project Manager (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Plug in your career and be part of our driving force!
Join us in the development and advancement of clean, efficient, and effective technology and contribute to the growth of transportation electrification.
Dana TM4 is a company whose primary mission is the electrification of transportation. We are recognized worldwide for our high-tech products. We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based company that encourages creativity and innovation. We believe that challenges are interesting and constantly renewed and that we can all personally make a difference.
The Engineering Project Manager will lead the engineering efforts on major mechatronics or electric vehicle integration projects. The Engineering Project Manager will be responsible for solution delivery and control of all engineering and prototyping aspects of the project including schedule, quality and cost. This person will have the ability to work in a dynamic environment with aggressive deadlines.
The responsibilities of the position will be very diverse as it will touch on many aspects of the growing Electrification group and will include but not be limited to some of the following responsibilities.
Your mandate: revolutionize the world of transportation, while:
- Creating and managing program schedules by leading, coordinating and communicating with all functional groups assigned to the project as well as customer functional groups, suppliers and vehicle line platform teams.
- Ensuring projects are launched on time and meet deliverables.
- Following ASPICE process requirements, create and maintain required documentation.
- Managing the tracking of issues and changes and coordinating with all stakeholders.
- Coordinating and presenting project status updates to management
- Coordinating FMEA, DVP and follow up with SDE/SQA for PPAP approvals.
- Leading efforts to define the project charter, scope and objectives, involving all stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Applying multiple engineering project management methods and skills to tailor the execution of projects of varying scope and implementation plans.
- Creating and managing R&D budgets related to product development and costing, ensuring financial goals are met.
- Communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders to stay informed of project scope and milestones.
- Leading projects to completion, using sound judgment to determine when to escalate issues to management.
- Supporting procurement by identifying vendors, conducting technical discussions and reviewing schedules.
- Identifying and resolving issues/risks using established engineering and project management tools and techniques.
- Implementing improvements to project management procedures and processes at Dana through continuous improvement and streamlining efforts.
- Any other related tasks
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 5 years of progressive experience in the automotive industry.
- Certified Project Management Professional designation or Project Management degree an asset
- Knowledge of the automotive electrification industry, an asset
- Accomplished business leader with the ability to work successfully in a matrix environment.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodology will be an asset.
- Must have a good understanding of complex technical products
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Good listening and communication skills
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Office; PowerPoint, Excel.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and forward thinking.
- Ability to interact effectively with other disciplines within the organization to achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results.
- Master’s degree with 5+ years of progressive experience in mechatronics or electrification.
- Technical project management experience with successful completion of at least two medium to large projects.
Extras that feel good:
- Take advantage of having flexible work hours
- We also offer personal time off
- Enroll in a comprehensive group insurance plan and an employer-contributed retirement plan
- We reimburse annual membership fees to recognized professional bodies
- We have an active social club that organizes a variety of activities
- Employee referral bonuses
- Dana TM4 shuttle service from Longueuil metro