Embedded Software Engineer (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of Powertrain!
Purpose as an Embedded Software Engineer, you are an active member of the SW development’s team.
- Analyze, design, develop & testing of software components to ASPICE/ISO 26262/AGILE methodology & standards.
- Work closely with the electronics and hardware departments to ensure design of electronics and hardware can support the software requirements.
- Support Architecture design and development.
- Create details designs to link the software implementation to the requirements.
- Develop software code in C to implement the software design.
- Develop Software in MATLAB Simulink/Stateflow environment.
- Conduct unit test to validate the software implementation.
- Support issue analysis and corrective action definitions.
- Take part in various development in the software development life cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Essential: Minimum of five (5+) years of relevant experience in embedded software development.
- Essential : Member of the OIQ (Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec)
- Essential: Knowledge of Simulink Test (MIL/SIL)
- Essential: Knowledge of embedded systems testing with MIL, SIL, PIL.
- Essential : Knowledge of C/C++ embedded systems
- Knowledge of Python (an asset)
- Knowledge of ISO 26262 (an asset)
- Experience with SPI, CAN, CANFD, J1939, UDS, and XCP communication protocols
- Experience developing software in accordance with a formal V-based software development process (based on ASPICE).
- Professional experience required
- Expert in OS/BSP, device driver development such as Flash, ADC, EEPROM, LIN, CANFD, SPI, etc.
- Expert in design, implementation, testing and debugging of embedded software for automotive electronics module.
- Expert knowledge of real-time embedded software for 32-bit multicore microcontrollers.
- Expert knowledge of floating point computing development and methods.
- Knowledge of how to use and the utility of the software development team tools listed below:
- Requirements: Polarion
- MBD: Matlab/Simulink + Toolbox (Simulink Requirements, Simulink Tests, etc.)
- Software devOps tools: Jira, ,Azure Git, CMake, Artifactory, etc.
- Static code analysis tools: Polyspace, etc.
- Software unit testing and software integration testing: VectorCAST, etc.
- LauterBach debugger
- Automotive communication tools (Vector Canape, CANalyzer/CANoe, & CANdela)
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams
- Curious and autonomous
- Rigorous and strong ability to meet deadlines
- Commitment to the highest standards of ethical behavior in self and others; commitment to inclusion and diversity
- Good analytical skills
- Proven ability to be proactive and forward thinking.
- Hands-on person.
- You will work in an international and multicultural team.
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based SME that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We stand out for the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility of summer hours
- We offer the Dana TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station
- Our social club organizes a multitude of activities: running club, Oktoberfest, barbecues, dessert club, 5@7, comedy night, etc.