Embedded Software Developer – Laval
Laval, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Dana is a global leader in drivetrain and E-Propulsion systems for car manufacturers (OEM) (FEO). Join us to meet great technical challenges and be part of our Laval teams.
As Embedded Software Developer, you will be recognized as an Expert who will be responsible of taking state of the art cybersecurity technologies in Electric Vehicle systems. You will ensure these technologies are ported, integrated, evaluated so that can be used towards real product use cases.
You will generate benchmarks, data, and results of specific experiments is of high importance as these data points will enable any significant product cybersecurity strategies in becoming a reality.
Contribute to the development of Powertrain!
- Identify Potential Embedded Cybersecurity Technologies that are absent from Automotive and IIoT
- Design, create architecture and collaborate in the design and implementation of reusable building blocks for said ecosystem
- Implement SW Cyber Security features to make the code resistant against any foreign intrusion
- Developing Embedded Software units in an Agile environment with test-driven development (TDD) methodology
- Cooperate with multi-disciplinary teams, manufacturing, and vendors simultaneously to achieve holistic strategic alignment
- Working with hardware in the loop systems (HiL)
- Participating in the creation of Embedded Software requirements and design documentation for automotive components
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field required
- 5 years of Software (SW) development experience
- 2 years of Cyber Security work experience
- Essential: Experience in Embedded C programming and unit testing
- Essential: Experience with Agile SW development methodology
- Essential: Experience with SW development toolchain
- Essential: Knowledge and experience of Embedded SW Cyber Security implementation
- Experience in ASPICE methodology, an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, French an asset
- Experience in the automotive industry, an asset
- Knowledgeable in basic electronics hardware and vehicle systems, an asset
- Multicore software development or system design experience in automotive, an asset
- Experience in functional safety (ISO26262) development, an asset
Why join our team?
- We are a vibrant, growing company which fosters creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We are lucky enough to always have challenging projects to take part in!
- We stand out through our team’s multidisciplinary and multicultural nature
- We subscribe to a comprehensive group insurance plan and a retirement plan with employer contribution
- Our Social Club organizes a wide range of activities