Electrification Commodity Buyer (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of Powertrain!
As an Electrification Commodity Buyer you will be responsible to provide procurement support to the assigned Dana location/plant covering the Volvo program. You will have to drive the integrated Production suppliers in order to “add-value” for the operations in all EU plants which have electrification, electronics content. You will also be responsible for identification and evaluation and delivery of procurement opportunities with DANA EU plants which have electrification, electronics content supply chain. We will ask you to strictly adhere to the existing Purchasing sourcing processes and procedures. You will also have to nominate suppliers for new and replacement products on time on cost and quality, in line with global commodity strategies.
- Take part in purchasing regional and global activities/initiatives, commodity strategy meetings & supplier meetings.
- Define the commodity strategies and activities to execute the strategies. Proactively engage the cross-functional team & plant buyers in associated DANA EU sites to understand business needs, technology needs.
- Engage existing suppliers as well as new potentials to formulate the optimized supplier base and commodity strategy for the business.
- Leads strategic suppliers’ negotiations, delivers saving targets assigned on commodities and suppliers, concludes contractual agreements with suppliers to lock the negotiation result. Work with cross-functional team globally to ensure the recommendations are fully aligned and can be implemented by each associated plant.
- Actively drive global commodity strategies, sourcing decision implementations into assigned DANA EU sites, with the plant buyers. Ensure plant buyers are clear on commodity strategies and implementation plans.
- Be able to manage sourcing from RFQ to implementing sourcing decisions; be able to communicate globally, leverage global spend across different business units, utilize IPOs in RFQ process to reach out/exam global supplier base
- Obtains and analyzes quotes to determine best value for each sourcing case, identify LCC, market trends, cost structures, cost competitive technology.
- Recommend global sourcing solutions based on data and facts collected, understand the business and projects’ needs for pricing and sourcing, ensure sourcing recommendations align within those parameters and its aligned with cross-functional team and global commodity strategy.
- Formulate annual business plans for achievement of cost reductions and year over year performance improvement
- Monitor and mitigate any on-cost risks within the supply base, forecasting, negotiating and monitoring any risk through published documents and tracking documents
- Support plant buyers on local supplier negotiations by leveraging global spend of the suppliers, new business opportunities, market competition, VAVE opportunities, resourcing opportunities, etc.
- Initiates renegotiation efforts well in advance of contract expiration, and monitors industry trends to anticipate opportune timing to lock in contracting advantages.
- Monitors performance of the suppliers to ensure attainment of objectives in quality, delivery, service and cost, maintain DANA purchasing data base accordingly & accurately
- Leads supplier transitions in line with commodity strategy.
- Monitors compliance with supplier contractual requirements.
- Presents special assignments results, project updates and such to Dana management as required.
- Drive own learning and development programme to support career development.
- Produce weekly reports to manager to show progress on key KPI’s, including savings, rationalization, payment terms, quality, on time NPI etc
- Provide support for internal and external stakeholders when the needs arise.
- Providing support for all projects work, ensure new customer programs are safe launched on time, cost & quality, ensure the supplier base are set in line with global commodity strategy.
- 100% adherence to purchasing process, e.g. price increases, sourcing table, standard contracts, supplier assessments
- Understand and follow 7+ Dana purchasing procedures following them at all times.
- Support other global purchasing initiatives locally to improve DANA purchasing.
- Has a general understanding of the competitive environment in which Dana operates and manages strategies and supplier relationships accordingly.
- Bachelor Degree or Higher Level Diploma
- 3-5 years work experience in global commodity team, responsible for $10M+ global spend.
- Work experience in global company with exposure to cross-functional teams (engineering, quality, logistics, operations, finance control, legal etc.)
- Solid knowledge of Supplier Chain and Change Management experience
- Problem solving skills are essential.
- Well rounded individual whom is self aware and has the ability to adapt to the needs of the business
- Good understanding of purchasing techniques and objectives of the purchasing function within a matrix management organization
- Excellent verbal and written skills in French and also in English
- Good understanding of managing projects including use of APQP and other tools.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills; competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making; and shows aggressiveness when completing assignments and other responsibilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project software.
- An understanding of financial analysis concepts and budget management.
- Willing to travel and work non-normal business hours on occasion
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec SME that fosters creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We are distinguished by the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility to benefit from a summer schedule.
- We offer the Dana TM4 shuttle service from the Longueil metro station
- Our Social Club organizes a variety of activities: running club, Oktoberfest, Dessert Club barbecues, 5@7, comedy night, etc