Electrical Designer, Winding Stators
Boucherville, Québec — Permanent, Full-time
Within the Industrialization group, you will works closely with the Product Development group to develop feasible concepts in production. You must translate the theoretical diagrams into real windings and carry out the proofs of concept in order to confirm the feasibility. You will validate assembly methods to ensure the integrity and insulation of long-term stators. You will sees the continuous improvement of the product and the search for innovative processes in the manufacture of stators for electric vehicles.
- Participate in the electrical design of stators, put into practice the principles of Design for Assembly (DFA) and support industrialization
- Design stator winding: translate winding diagrams into suitable copper coils, prepare proofs of concepts, develop coil shape and forming tools, ensure design requirements are met
- Follow the assembly of the first prototypes and make recommendations following the observations (NPI)
- Offer technical solutions to stator assembly and insulation issues, in coordination with the engineering and prototyping teams
- Participate in the engineering of new products and propose relevant innovations to advance winding technology and related processes to automation. Coordinate activities with external suppliers as needed
- Treat non-conformities in production and actively participate in failure analysis
- Participate in employee training and provide technical support for prototyping and production
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 10 years of relevant experience
- Mastery of winding schematics / diagrams
- Mastery of copper wire forming methods
- Mastery of electrical motor tests (hipot, surge, resistance, etc.)
- Great manual dexterity and practical workshop experience
- Experience in an ISO work environment
- Knowledge of English, spoken and written
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec SME that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration.
- We distinguish ourselves by the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility to benefit from a summer schedule.
- We offer the Dana TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station.
- Our Social Club organizes a multitude of varied activities: racing club, Oktoberfest, mechoui, 5 @ 7, humor evening, etc.