Customer Service Representative (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Plug in your career and be part of our driving force!
Join us in the development and advancement of clean, efficient, and effective technology and contribute to the growth of transportation electrification.
Dana TM4 is a company whose primary mission is the electrification of transportation. We are recognized worldwide for our high-tech products. We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based company that encourages creativity and innovation. We believe that challenges are interesting and constantly renewed and that we can all personally make a difference.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) position includes, but is not limited to, independent management of Customer POs (Purchase Orders), from order entry right through to shipping of the goods.
The CSR functionally reports to the ISM (Inside Sales Manager, EMEA & America’s | Dana TM4), plus has a dotted line reporting to the plant.
The CSR Will work very closely with other members of the inside sales team, the Key Account Managers / Sales Manager / Sales Associates in the Business Units and with multiple teams and departments to create the best possible experience / service for the customer and to provide timely information and ensure that Dana TM4 deliver products on-time.
Your mandate: revolutionize the world of transportation, while:
- Performing the maintenance of internal CRM / MRP systems to ensure that customer-, sales-, and price-data is always accurate and up to date – including managing quarterly price-changes where due. Furthermore, liaise with the relevant sales associate and/or the finance team to track stipulations in existing agreements or quotes before confirmation is sent to the customers.
- Ensuring that no express shipments are arranged, or collections booked where payments are overdue or credits are exhausted without authorization by the ISM, or the respective plant manager (Plant GM).
- General upkeeping of a) sales customer documents such as warranty agreements, NDAs and supply contracts etc., and b) do system checks to ensure there are no outstanding tasks (e.g. closing down quotations past the due dates, updating customers’ accounts with new sales agents).
- Assisting where required by the ISM by following up on on-time production and project deliveries.
- Participating in Customer Meetings as representative for Inside Sales as required by the ISM.
- Ensuring all customer enquiries are dealt with in a timely and courteous manner (first response within 24 hours) – liaising with internal departments as required.
- Ensuring all customer order processes are up to date for the Inside sales functions (changes to be approved by the ISM).
- Working with internal departments to ensure all PO’s received have the correct approved documents and information provided upon release to production as per the order process flow. Communicate with customers if there are any changes to PO’s / schedules
- Setting up new customers in the ERP system. Ensuring that all relevant data follow our guidelines and other instructions, and that any updates to customer-related-data are done as the need arises.
- Working closely with the internal MP&L (Material planning and logistics department) to ensure material and production availability meets the customers’ requirements and to coordinate customer shipments/collections
- Providing order confirmations (O/C’s) to customers in a timely fashion (target is 3 days for standard products).
- Following-up on customers’ shipments due / overdue to provide real time information to customers and arrange alternative scheduling if necessary.
- Working closely with the Materials planning and logistic team
- Communicating with customers on estimated dates of arrivals (ETA’s) and tracking information.
- Providing customers with electronic copies of all shipping documents.
- Requesting invoicing upon completion of goods, working closely with the finance team
- Answering any customer shipping enquiries.
- Any other related tasks
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- Undergraduate degree in a business-related discipline.
- A Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience as a Customer Service Representative. Alternatively, having relevant experience working in a manufacturing / office environment with production planning, logistics, purchasing or similar.
- Experience in shipping/logistics is an advantage. Knowledge about shipping terms and other basic compliance requirements is a must.
- Having worked in an international environment / global company experience is an asset / is preferred.
- Experience with China/North America dimensions is preferred.
- Willingness to work odd hours to suit the different Time-Zones is preferred.
- Relevant knowledge and experience with MRP systems (Preferably AX / Microsoft Dynamics, SAP, Oracle or similar) is expected. Having relevant knowledge of CRM systems (customers and/or suppliers) will be an asset.
- Internet sales experience would be an advantage
- First class administrative skills and a good knowledge of Microsoft office – in particular Excel is expected.
- Bilingual – French/English; Excellent powers of communication along with strong customer service and customer relations skills.
Extras that feel good:
- Take advantage of having flexible work hours
- We also offer personal time off
- Enroll in a comprehensive group insurance plan and an employer-contributed retirement plan
- We reimburse annual membership fees to recognized professional bodies
- We have an active social club that organizes a variety of activities
- Employee referral bonuses
- Dana TM4 shuttle service from Longueuil metro