Control Engineer Lead-Electrification – Laval
Laval, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Dana is a global leader in drivetrain and e-Propulsion systems for car manufacturers (OEM) (FEO).
Join us to meet great technical challenges and be part of our Laval teams. You will help develop, design, validate and integrate new features in our electric propulsion systems for commercial electric vehicles used for freight transportation.
Do you want to contribute to the growth of Powertrain?
As Control Engineer Lead, Electrification you will be leading a group of control engineers to write control algorithms & software for the Vehicle and Powertrain Control Unit. You will be in charge to correlate subjective and objective measures of vehicle handling, interacting with system designers and embedded software developers.
You will be involved from the development of control algorithms to supporting embedded software engineers, right through to assisting commissioning. You can expect to learn everything about the architecture of electric vehicles and experience first-hand the integration and start-up of the systems.
- Design and develop control algorithms for electric vehicle systems using model-based software.
- Create control documentation, software requirements & implement them into the controllers/vehicles.
- Requirements engineering, design, coding up to testing their SW on test-benches and/or on the real vehicle
- Develop Software Unit test & HiL test procedures and tools
- Testing and debugging system behaviour in collaboration with System Engineers
- Developing automotive software solutions in an Agile development practice with TDD
- Work on cross-functional teams, collaborate and effectively communicate within your development team
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Control Systems or related field required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in vehicle electrification and/or in the automotive industry; focus on control engineering
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build relationships with all functions and levels across the organization
- Multicore software development or system design experience in automotive (preferred)
- AGILE/SAFe development experience (preferred)
- Control related training or certifications (preferred)
- Strong MATLAB and Simulink knowledge
- Strong control knowledge of control theory and PID implementation
- A team player, who is both flexible and creative in their approach to problem-solving
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills required in English. French knowledge is a plus.
Why join our team?
- We are a vibrant, growing company which fosters creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We are lucky enough to always have challenging projects to take part in!
- We stand out through our team’s multidisciplinary and multicultural nature
- We subscribe to a comprehensive group insurance plan and a retirement plan with employer contribution
- Our Social Club organizes a wide range of activities