Control Specialist, Embedded System – Laval
Laval, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Do you want to contribute to the growth of Powertrain?
Dana is a global leader in drivetrain and e-Propulsion systems for car manufacturers (OEM) (FEO).
Join us to meet great technical challenges and be part of our Laval teams. You will help develop, design, validate and integrate new features in our electric propulsion systems for commercial electric vehicles used for freight transportation.
As Control Specialist, Embedded System you will be writing vehicle control algorithms & software for the Vehicle Control Unit (VCU). You will be responsible to correlate subjective and objective measures of vehicle handling, interacting with system designers and embedded software developers.
Your workplace will be very dynamic, fast-paced and will include many different projects, from the development of control algorithms to supporting Embedded Software Engineers, right through to assisting commissioning.
You can expect to learn everything about the architecture of Electric Vehicles and experience first-hand the integration and start-up of the systems.
- Design and develop control algorithms for electric vehicle systems using model-based software.
- Create control documentation, software requirements & implement them into the controllers/vehicles.
- Requirements engineering, design, coding up to testing their SW on test-benches and/or on the real vehicle
- Develop Software Unit test & HiL test procedures and tools
- Testing and debugging system behaviour in collaboration with System Engineers
- Developing automotive software solutions in an Agile development practice with TDD
- Work on cross-functional teams, collaborate and effectively communicate within your development team
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Control Systems, or related field required
- ESSENTIAL: Strong control knowledge of control theory and PID implementation
- ESSENTIAL: Strong MATLAB & Simulink knowledge
- ESSENTIAL: Knowledge of ASPICE model
- Knowledge of Functional Architecture
- Experience in the automotive industry; focus on control engineering an asset
- A team player, who is both flexible and creative in their approach to problem-solving
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills required in English and French
Why join our team?
- We are a vibrant, growing company which fosters creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We are lucky enough to always have challenging projects to take part in!
- We stand out through our team’s multidisciplinary and multicultural nature
- We subscribe to a comprehensive group insurance plan and a retirement plan with employer contribution
- Our Social Club organizes a wide range of activities