Bilingual Financial Controller – Laval
Laval, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the growth of Powertrain!
Dana is a Global leader in drivetrain and e-Propulsion systems for car manufacturers (OEM) (FEO).
- Responsible for all financial reporting, tax packages, internal controls, and cost accounting
- Manage and oversee accounting department daily operations such as account payables, taxes reporting, benefits and payroll operations, etc.
- Prepare all financial reports, trial balance forecasts, profit and expense statements, and other reports supporting cost control
- Communicate with all department managers in order to complete daily, weekly, monthly and year-end reports for operations and division management
- Assist in strategy development in the operation to ensure financial integrity
- Promote continuous improvement & best practices deployment throughout the operation
- Organize financial vision and strategies that are in alignment with the overall strategic direction of the corporation and in compliance with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Maintain adequate risk management-based internal controls
- Provide business analysis on trends, issues, and developments that could impact the operation
- Prepare annual business plan
- Bachelor’s degree in in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in senior level accounting or finance role in manufacturing or distribution environment
- Detail oriented and ability to work with high degree of accuracy
- Strong analytical skills and proven aptitude for numbers
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with people at all levels within and outside Dana in a professional manner and the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Excel and Word; Hyperion experience preferred
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work extra hours when necessary
- Bilingualism in French and English is required
Why join our team?
- We are a vibrant, growing company which fosters creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We are lucky enough to always have challenging projects to take part in!
- We stand out through our team’s multidisciplinary and multicultural nature
- We subscribe to a comprehensive group insurance plan and a retirement plan with employer contribution
- Our Social Club organizes a wide range of activities