Analyst, Electromagnetic – Advanced MATLAB/Simulink (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of Powertrain!
As an Electromagnetic Analyst, you will be an active member of the magnetic design team for electric motors. You will be at the forefront of supporting the design prototyping and analysis of electric motors.
Your role will essentially be to model electric motors in magnetic.
You will contribute to the development of the software by carrying out the programming and analysis of electric motors. You will carry out the integration of the electric motor model in other programs. You will be involved in all phases of our design cycle and continuous improvement activities.
- Develop and upgrade internal software for the design of electric motors
- Calculate the characteristics of the designed electric motor
- Perform the analysis of the electromagnetic field by finite elements
- Document performance and other data in relation to specific customer requirements
- Develop test plans for electric motors and their sub-components
- Follow up and analyze test plans
- Write technical reports
- Collaborate with the design, validation, purchasing, quality and production teams in the different stages of the product development process
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering combined with 2-3 years of work experience, or Master’s degree in electrical engineering oriented on electric motors
- Advanced knowledge of Matlab/Simulink software
- Good knowledge of the programming language e.g. Python, VBA, etc.
- Good knowledge of one of the electromagnetic software ex: ALTAIR, ANSYS, JMAG
- General knowledge of materials used in electric motors
- Basic knowledge of power electronics, control of electric motors
- Knowledge of AutoCad 2D
- Bilingual: French and English (spoken and written
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec SME that fosters creativity innovation and collaboration.
- We are distinguished by the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility of a summer schedule
- We offer the Dana TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station
- Our Social Club organizes a multitude of varied activities: running club, Oktoberfest, méchoui, dessert club, 5@7, comedy night, etc